Our Android App

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Taapsee Kissed Ali Zafar In First Meeting

Taapsee made her Bollywood Debut in David Dhawan’s comic caper ‘Chashme Baddoor’ where she would be seen getting wooed by three young lads, Ali Zafar, Siddharth and Divyendu based amidst the sands and beaches of Goa. The Southern star will reprise Deepti Naval’s role from the film.

While I was doing films in the south, I had met Puri Jagannadh who wanted to cast me in his Amitabh starrer film ‘ Buddha Hoga Tera Baap’. Though things didn’t work out, he recommended my name to Viacom18 who was producing the film. At that time, they were scouting for a fresh face for ‘Chashme Buddoor’.





Though I am born in a Punjabi family, I didn’t not have any issues in working in South. It gave me bigger directors and co-actors to work with. I was modeling while studying and when you are a part of Miss India contest, the whole country has your details. I got offers for commercials and then made my cinematic debut in 2010 with K. Raghavendra Rao's Telugu romantic musical ‘Jhummandi Naadam’.

The biggest challenge while working on a remake is to get the audience to see the film. People always assume that the remake is scene by scene copy of the original but that is not true. Though this film is inspired from the original, the film has been reworked completely. For example, I am not playing a coy girl. My character is a modern girl who knows her mind.

The only time I was nervous while shooting was when I had to share the screen with Anupam Kher. He is such a versatile actor so when I was shooting with him, I was anxious that I shouldn’t look out of place.

The first scene I had to do with Ali Zafar was a kissing scene. It is the cutest and the most important scene in the film. Ali being a shy person was a bit awkward when he was told about the scene but when we finally shot the scene; it broke the ice between us. After that, it was fun shooting with him.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe By Email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner